Best Options for Dealing with Toenail Fungus
Toenail fungus is an infection which gets in through cracks in your nails or cuts in your skin. This can make your toenail change color or get thicker. Aside from that, it can also be very painful because of the fact that our toes are warm, so the fungus grows well in our toes. If this is left untreated, an infection could spread to other toenails, skin, or even fingernails quickly.
Having nail fungus can make you feel guilty for showing your fingers and toes in public when going out either with your friends or family. That’s why it is very important to cure nail fungus properly before it gets any worst. There are many options for dealing with toenail fungus that are available in the market today, cure your toenail fungus without wasting money buying costly medication or drugs that don’t seem to get the job done.
Toenail Fungus Symptoms
There are visible signs to look out to in order to know if you have toenail fungus.
Visible signs of a fungal nail infection include:
- Scaling under the nail
- White or yellow streaks on the nail
- A crumbling corner or tip of the nail
- Flaking white areas on the nail’s surface
- Appearance of yellow spots at the bottom of the nail
- Loss of the nail
- Distorted nail that may lift off from the nail bed
- Odor coming from the infected nail
- Brittle or thickened nail
Toenail Fungus Causes
A fungus grows in dark, moist and damp places as well as warm environments. Fungus infection is one of the few foot problems which affected more men than woman, this is because men are most likely to walk barefooted than women. Toenail fungus can also happen if you wear socks and shoes which don’t allow your feet to breathe. Therefore, proper ventilation for your feet is crucial if you want to reduce the risk of toenail fungus in the nail bed.
Toenail Fungus Risk Factors
While anyone can get a toenail fungus, some people are at greater risk, so here is the common cause of nail fungal infection, so that you are able to take the right precautions to prevent it from happening and keep your nails healthy.
Sweaty feet or shoes that do not allow your feet to breath creates a breeding ground for toenail fungus, because those shoes create a warm, sweaty environment that’s perfect for the development.
Some medical conditions can increase the risk of toenail fungal infection, such as diabetes, poor blood flow, human immunodeficiency virus, and other medical issues which may cause damage to your immune system.
You would need to take serious precautions if you walk without shoes a lot or share shower with someone who has an infection. If you walk barefoot you can pick up micro-organisms that’s left behind by someone with the fungal infection, so always make sure your feet are covered with a slipper.
Take time to inspect your feet daily and see a doctor promptly if you suspect toenail fungus and you have a family history of toenail fungus infections.
Heavy nail polish can cause toenail fungus because it tends to block light, which creates an environment conducive to fungal growth.
Who is mostly at risk for fungal infections?
- Are over the age of 65
- Have a nail injury
- Have a weak immune system
- Wear closed-toe shoes
- Have a disease
- Have a diabetes
- Men are more likely to get it than women
- People with athlete’s foot
- People who smoke
- If your family member has it
Prevent Toenail Fungus
There are many ways to prevent fungal infections of the nails, and these include:
- Using antifungal sprays or powders regularly
- Washing your hands after touching infected nails
- Drying your feet well after showering
- Getting manicures or pedicures from trustworthy salons
- Using your own items for manicures or pedicures
- Wearing socks that minimize moisture
- Avoiding being barefoot in public places
- Reducing your use of artificial nails and nail polish
If you have toenail fungus, here are the best options available in the market today for dealing with the fungal infection.
This product is considered as the best toenail fungus treatment. It is made up of blend potent active ingredients, essential oils and plant extracts. Some of the ingredients involved in this powerful treatment include Tea Tree Oil, Sunflower Seed Oils and Undecylenic which is recognized by the FDA as an effective treatment for fungal infections of the nails.
This also comes with a built-in applicator brush. It is applied with the brush twice daily to the affected nails and surrounding cuticles. You get an amazing 60-day money back guarantee, no questions asked, with this tropical treatment.
- Great choice if you are looking for a natural way to get rid of your fungus infection
- Has been formulated in an FDA registered lab
- 60-day money back guarantee
- Saves you time and money from purchasing useless products
- May not be as popular as other products on the market
- Not an overnight cure
This is the most affordable toenail fungus treatment and is one of the best-selling toenail fungus treatment on the market today. It comes with an easy to use applicator brush, and you can apply it twice daily, once before you put your sock and shoes on in the morning and once before you go to bed at night as well.
All the ingredients listed in this treatment are FDA approved and are very effective in treating toenail fungus. It also has an affordable price and a 90-day money back guarantee if you aren’t completely satisfied.
- Has a high success rate compared to other product
- Ingredients are very effective against toenail fungus
- Comes with a 90-day money back guarantee
- Each bottle comes with a topical brush
- Not available in local stores
- May take 3-6 months of treatment to completely destroy nail fungus
This product is the most popular toenail fungus treatment and is clinically proven to treat 99.9% of nail fungus infections with its incredible natural ingredients. The ingredients of this product include Carvacrol, Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Essential Tea Tree Oil, Almond Oil and Oregano Oil is extremely effective in fighting against different types of fungal infection including jock itch and athlete’s foot.
- Low price compared to other treatment option
- Effective against 99.9% nail fungal infection
- 100% natural ingredients
- Treatment is very easy to apply
- May take up 4 weeks before you see any improvement
- You may need multiple bottles if your nail infection is severe
How to apply Toenail Fungus Treatment
- It is very important to clip and file down your nails before applying any treatment to your nails, since this will help maximize the effectiveness of whichever treatment you choose to use and it also reduces the risk of fungi spreading to other nails.
- Next, you can take a shower to remove keratin and other debris build up in the nails and will also help prevent reinfection. After showering, make sure to dry your nails completely since fungi love moisture and can spread easily if your nails aren’t completely dry.
- Finally, you can simply apply a generous amount of cream to your nails twice daily until the nail fungus infection has subsided and even after the fungus is cleared just to be safe.
Nail fungus can be very hard to deal with, so when it comes to treating a fungal infection it is best to go with a treatment that is highly effective. No treatment will work overnight, it may take months before seeing any results, so it’s best to have patience and continue using the product as directed.