Best Options for Dealing with Toenail Fungus
Toenail fungus is an infection which gets in through cracks in your nails or cuts in your skin. This can make your toenail change color or get thicker. Aside from that, it can also be very painful because of the fact that our toes are warm, so the fungus grows well in our toes. If this is left untreated, an infection could spread to other toenails, skin, or even fingernails quickly.
Having nail fungus can make you feel guilty for showing your fingers and toes in public when going out either with your friends or family. That’s why it is very important to cure nail fungus properly before it gets any worst. There are many options for dealing with toenail fungus that is available in the market today, cure your toenail fungus without wasting money buying costly medication or drugs that don’t seem to get the job done.
Toenail Fungus Symptoms
There are lots of noticeable signs of toenail fungus, which include:
- Yellowish or brownish hue on the affected toenails
- White or yellow spots on the affected toenails
- Toenails that have become brittle or crumbly
- Toenails that break easily
- Toenails that have become misshapen
- Increasing thickness in the affected nails that they have become harder to clip with regular nail clippers
- Darkened toenails due to the dirt and debris accumulating inside them
- Subungal hyperkeratosis or excessive scaling under the nail
- Foul odor from the affected toenails
- Nail loss
Toenail Fungus Causes
A fungus grows in dark, moist and damp places as well as warm environments. Fungus infection is one of the few foot problems which affect more men than woman, this is because men are most likely to walk barefooted than women. Toenail fungus can also happen if you wear socks and shoes which don’t allow your feet to breathe. Therefore, proper ventilation for your feet is crucial if you want to reduce the risk of toenail fungus in the nail bed.
Toenail Fungus Risk Factors
While anyone can contract toenail fungus, there are some people who are at a greater risk of acquiring them.
- Heredity – You may be genetically predisposed to contract toenail fungus. Some families are more prone to this condition than others. Someone who has a family history of toenail fungus may acquire it even at an early age. Another, men are more susceptible to toenail fungus than women.
- An underlying condition – There are some chronic illnesses that can heighten the risk of toenail fungal infection. It can be diabetes, psoriasis, poor circulation or a weakened immune system.
- Boots – Your occupation may demand you to wear heavy boots which lack proper ventilation. Boots create a warm and moist environment, a favorite place for fungus to thrive.
- Nail polish – While nail polish make your toenails pretty, they are also risk factors for developing toenail fungal infection. Nail polish has a tendency to obstruct light, creating a favorable environment for fungi to develop.
- Tight shoes – Any shoes and types of footwear that are ill-fitting and lacking proper ventilation can cause trauma to your toes, which in turn can injure your nails. And weakened nails are easy targets for fungus.
Who is most at risk for fungal infections?
- People who suffer diabetes
- People who suffer conditions that causes poor blood circulation
- Older people (65 years old and above)
- People who like to wear fake nails
- People who have a nail trauma or injury
- People who have a compromised immune system
- People who wear boots a lot
- People who wear closed-toed or ill-fitting shoes
- People who have cuts, wounds or injury that surround the nail
- People who swim in public swimming pools
- People who have moistened nails for an extended period
In addition, men are prone to toenail fungal infection more than women, and adults are more susceptible to develop such infection than children.
Prevent Toenail Fungus
There are many ways to prevent fungal infections of the nails, and these include:
- Keeping your nails short.
- Wearing right-fitting shoes
- Wearing breathable shoes and footwear
- Washing your hands immediately after touching an infected nail
- Drying your feet after bathing, especially if you share a shower with someone else
- Applying antifungal foot powders and sprays
- Drying out your shoes under the sun when not in use
- Not walking barefoot in public places like swimming pools, locker rooms and shower rooms
- Not sharing nail clippers, nail files or any other nail-grooming tools to someone else
- Going to a clean salon
- Reducing the use of nail polish or fake nails
Suppose you do have acquired toenail fungus, here are the best options available in the market today for dealing with the fungal infection.
EmoniNail Topical Treatment is considered one of the best toenail fungus treatments that you can find on the market today. It has a blend of powerful active ingredients, essential oils, and plant extracts which include: tea tree oil, sunflower seed Oil and undecylenic acid which is recognized by the FDA as an effective treatment for fungal infections of the nails.
This also comes with a built-in applicator brush. It is applied with the brush twice daily to the affected nails and surrounding cuticles. You get an amazing 60-day money back guarantee, no questions asked, with this topical treatment.
- Great choice if you are looking for a natural way to get rid of your fungus infection
- Has been formulated in an FDA registered lab
- 60-day money back guarantee
- Saves you time and money from purchasing useless products
- May not be as popular as other products on the market
- Not an overnight cure
This is an affordable fingernail and toenail fungus treatment and is one of the best-selling nail fungus treatments on the market today. Its efficiency comes from the right combination of organic herb ingredients plus 25 % of Undecylenic Acid for a more potent anti-fungal formula. It also has Bee Propolis and Manuka oil that guarantees the restoration of healthy nails. This nail treatment also rehydrates the skin.
- Has a high success rate compared to other product
- Ingredients are very effective against toenail fungus
- See evident changes in three weeks
- Made in USA in cGMP certified lab
- Not available in local stores
This product is considered as the most popular toenail fungus treatment and is clinically proven to treat 99.9% of nail fungus infections with its incredible natural ingredients. The combination of ingredients of this product — which include carvacrol (oregano oil), extra virgin olive oil, essential tea tree oil and almond oil — is extremely effective in fighting against different types of fungal infection including jock itch and athlete’s foot.
- Low price compared to other treatment option
- Effective against 99.9% nail fungal infection
- 100% natural ingredients
- Treatment is very easy to apply
- May take up 4 weeks before you see any improvement
- You may need multiple bottles if your nail infection is severe
How to apply Toenail Fungus Treatment
- It is very important to clip and file down your nails before applying any treatment to your nails since this will help maximize the effectiveness of whichever treatment you choose to use and it also reduces the risk of fungi spreading to other nails.
- Next, you can take a shower to remove keratin and other debris build up in the nails and will also help prevent reinfection. After showering, make sure to dry your nails completely since fungi love moisture and can spread easily if your nails aren’t completely dry.
- Finally, you can simply apply a generous amount of cream to your nails twice daily until the nail fungus infection has subsided and even after the fungus is cleared just to be safe.
Toenail fungus can be very hard to deal with, so when it comes to treating a fungal infection it is best to go with a treatment that is highly effective. No treatment will work overnight, it may take months before seeing any results, so it’s best to have patience and continue using the product as directed.