An air sequential compression device, also known as intermittent pneumatic compression (IPC) device, is inflatable sleeves worn by patients on lower legs while recovering from an illness or surgery in the hospital. This device keeps blood flowing to prevent blood and deep vein thrombosis (DVT) problems.
Healthcare providers usually prescribe medical air sequential compression leg massager for people in the hospital, but people in regular life can also use them. The sleeves inflate every 20 – 60 seconds, then deflate, giving a feeling of leg massage. During the process, the blood moves through the body to the heart. The sleeves also help the body release substances that can prevent clots.
This machine helps a person stay away from health problems. It is normally used to regulate blood in the body and reduce problems like muscle fatigue and, and serve Almost every working person feels tired and goes through body aches after a busy day. This massager also does a lot of stress relief to prevent other health issues.
Who needs an air sequential compression leg massager?
People recovering from surgery or illness
When people are still recovering from illness, stroke, or surgery, they usually have limited movements, and inactivity can lead to DVT. The condition happens when a blood clot or thrombus forms in one or more of the veins in the body. It causes leg pain and swelling that can be dangerous and sometimes fatal. It usually forms in one of the thighs or lower leg veins. But it can be prevented using an IPC or leg massager.
People suffering from Lymphedema
The device reduces swelling due to Lymphedema. Lymphedema is a condition wherein the fluid in the blood called the lymph has a weakened flow. The swelling of the leg/s caused by Lymphedema can be very irritating and severe. No cure has been known for this condition, but the swelling can reduce by using a leg compression machine. It can be adjusted according to the physician’s recommendation or based on the severity of the swelling.
People with Varicose Veins
The device is helpful for people with varicose veins, enlarged, twisted veins that can affect any part of the body, but they are more common in the legs.
Although varicose veins are not considered a serious medical condition, they can be uncomfortable and affect a person’s self-esteem. The leg massager can help with the blood flow and significantly reduce the swelling of the veins, which causes pain.
People suffering from health conditions
The device is also good for people suffering from joint pain, leg and foot pain, muscle tension, and circulatory issues resulting from nerve pain or neuropathy. People with diabetes could also benefit from foot massaging machines as too much sugar in the blood may damage blood vessels and cause poor circulation.
Benefits of using Air Compression Leg Massager
The device comforts the bones and removes knee pain. It does not seem to have any side effects but can greatly ease the pain. The compression leg massagers are very effective and positively improve results than medications. It applies great pressure to the veins that can improve productivity and blood flow, especially when the body becomes sore or some parts of it.
How Leg Massagers Work
The leg massagers are designed to relieve stress by improving blood circulation. It functions simply yet works effectively.
Once the sleeves wrap around the leg, the device starts inflating and deflating rapidly, which varies the pressure now and then and improves the blood circulation around the muscles. Every massager has different functions when it comes to exerting pressure. Some may apply uniform pressure, while some may have different pressure levels that can be adjusted manually.
The leg massager with different pressure levels is most effective because it applies different pressure that can reach deep down the veins and helps release stress.
Although it is connected to an electrical outlet, there is no need to worry about getting electrical shocks because it is fully protected and the material wrapping up the legs is an insulator.
Qualities of Good Leg Massager
The first quality of a leg massager to look for is all the important functions. A manufacturer’s name also helps in knowing the quality of the product. The following features are very important to consider in choosing a good leg massager:
- The level of compression
There are various massage modes on different massagers. Some leg massagers offer uniform pressure, while some provide a variety of pressure at a time. The most effective massager is the one that applies varying pressure at a time.
- It must fit
The fitting of a massager is done with cuffs. They fit in like boots. But some cuffs are packed, which may be uncomfortable for large legs and have no effect on small legs. Make sure that the size is perfect for the person who will use it.
Length of leg massagers varies with design. Leg massagers are specifically designed to massage the legs. They are used by wrapping them up from knee to toe, although there are models that do not cover the foot. Long massagers may not be best to use when traveling because they require space.
Make sure to review and go through all the best massagers first. Read reviews; they help you choose the best of the best. Look at the details so that you won’t regret your choice.
Is the leg massager good for everyone?
The massagers are a great blessing to people suffering from certain conditions. However, some people should not use air compression massagers for medical reasons; ask your doctor for advice to be safe.
It is likewise important to remember not to use the leg massager other than the specified area it was designed.
Here are 10 of the best Air Compression Leg Massager:
- CINCOM Leg Massager for Circulation Air Compression Calf Wraps with 2 Modes 3 Intensities and Helpful for RLS and Edema
- FIT KING Leg Air Massager for Circulation and Relaxation Foot and Calf Massage with Handheld Controller 3 Intensities 2 Modes(with 2 Extensions)
- Leg Massager with Air Compression for Circulation & Muscles Relaxation, 2 Heat Levels Function, Feet Calf Thigh Massage Sequential Massager Device with Handheld Controller, 4 Modes 4 Intensities
- Linux LX10 Foot, Calf, Leg Air Compression Massager Machine, Cordless, and Rechargeable Thigh and Knee Boots Device with Heat for Circulation and Recovery, Legs Pain Relief, Lymphatic Drainage, Green
- Nekteck Leg Massager with Air Compression for Circulation and Relaxation, Foot and Calf Massage Machine with Hand-held Controller 2 Modes 3 Intensities, Adjustable Leg Wraps for Home and Office Use
- Rechargeable Leg-Massager for Circulation with Heat, Portable & Cordless Air Compression Leg Massager for Muscles Relaxation, Massage Calf & Thigh, Handheld Controller with 3 Modes 3 Intensities
- RENPHO Leg Massager for Circulation & Pain Relief, Air Compression Foot Leg Calf Thigh Massage
- Sequential Compression Device by Air Relax. Compression Pump, Foot and Leg Massager, Leg Compression Massager, Blood Circulation Machine for Legs, Air Compression Leg Massager, Leg Massage Machine
- Sotion Leg Massager with Air Compression for Circulаtiоn & Rеlаxаtiоn, Feet Calf Thigh with 2 Levels Hеаt Functiоn on Knee – Sequential Massager Device 4 Intеnsitiеs & 4 Mоdеs
- QUINEAR Leg Massager, Air Compression Leg Recovery System Foot & Leg Massage Boots Improve Leg Circulation and Sports Recovery, Upgrade Digital Controller