Wearing Flip Flops with Plantar Fasciitis
You know the pain of walking around in the wrong shoes if you’ve got Plantar Fasciitis. Your feet are uncomfortable with every step, without the proper support. If your heel pain comes and goes throughout the day, perhaps you need to rethink your overall remedy for your injury.
If you really want to relieve that heel pain, you need to take care of your feet all day long. Flip flops may not offer full support, wearing it can alleviate the pain of your heel. From kitchen, to bed, to your mailbox, flip flops for Plantar Fasciitis can be ideal for your tired feet.
Choosing the Right Flip Flop
There’s nothing like coming home at the end of the day letting your feet breathe from wearing shoes all day. However, that refreshing feeling can be ruined when you take a barefoot step on a hard floor. Foot conditions like arthritis and plantar fasciitis can be made worse by walking around with no footwear.
Here are some of the features of the best flip flops to choose from if you have Plantar Fasciitis:
Not all flip flops offer the same benefits, so if you have foot pain such as Plantar Fasciitis, choose flip flops with good arch support. Many flip flops have no shock absorption and can intensify pain in the heels, arches and balls of your feet. Flip flops with good arch support are designed for people with foot problems to help you stay more comfortable throughout the year.
- Perfect for Home – If it’s your day off or you just want to stay at home or you just like to wear flip-flops, wearing a pair designed for arch support are perfect for wearing on a regular basis.
- Convenient – These flip flops are easy on-and-off which means it’s convenient to wear at any point
- Comfortable – Flip flops are even more breathable than slippers for your feet and of course shoes.
What to look for in a good Flip-Flop
There are no lots of components to assess when looking for the appropriate flip-flops for Plantar Fasciitis, but there are definitely a few key characteristics, such as:
- You’ll want to have the proper arch support with a snug foot strap
- Deep heel cup for motion stability
- Comfortable and Functional
- Must feel good and work to alleviate pain
- A brand synonymous with foot health
- Positive reports that they actually promote healing
Common Complaints about wearing flip flops with Plantar Fasciitis
- They make take a little while to get used to, depending on your aversion to strong heel support
- They don’t provide full foot and ankle support
- Flip flops are more expensive than adding an orthotic slippers you may already have
Here are some of the best Flip-Flops for Plantar Fasciitis that are available in the market today:
Where to Buy
This toe post is a foot health industry leader and it specializes in motion control footwear. So it’s no wonder that this flip-flop rated number one. It is one of the best sandals which is leather-made with triple-density EVA for extra cushioning and stability. As bonus, this comes with a VIBRAM outsole which provides optimal traction for almost any surface.
- strong arch-support
- quality construction
- brand name for foot health
- high arches take getting used to
- expensive versus the competition
This podiatrist-designed flip flop is engineered to correct excess pronation and to bring your stride back to its natural motion. This ryder flip flop also comes with a foam lined strap and soft toe post for comfort and to prevent irritability, while at the same time giving the sandal a very dress-casual look.
- Comfortable heel cushioning
- good arch support
- adjustable strap
- not good for narrow feet
- takes time to get used to hard sole
This lightweight flip flop comes with an orthopedic footbed for maximum arch and heel support, which is optimal for the Plantar Fasciitis sufferer. This SOLE flips are waterproof, with non-marking outsoles, and it also come with a forefoot cushion pad as an added benefit.
- prominent arch support
- good for narrow feet
- attractive sandal
- Strap material may cause initial blistering
- hard foot bed
This refers to their sandals as “the flips without the flop”, which is perfect for undercover operatives and people who just don’t like the added clacking in their stride. This Chaco Flip comes with a polyurethane foot bed and a slip resistant design to optimize user experience, as well as a contoured heel cup and arch support for proper functionality.
- Great arch support
- best reviews on durability
- nice comfortable feel
- tight fitting out of the box
- strange footbed
This flip flop is one of the best sandals for comfort and support. With a compression-molded, contoured footbed, you can be sure that you are getting enough arch support with this flip flop. Not to mention the Spenco name practically stands for foot health with its quality orthotic inserts and other reputable footwear products.
- Great for flat feet
- medium arch support
- stable support for multiple types
- may cause something scuffing on floors
- cheapish look
The orthaheel brand finds itself on the top of the list, once again. For good reasons, people love them for their efficacy in dealing with Plantar Fasciitis and related heel pains. Its deep heel cups and solid arch support helps correct improper motion control through stability and functionality.
- Excellent support after break-in period
- lots of positive reviews from people
- high arch takes getting used to
This sandal is a popular women’s flip flop for Plantar Fasciitis not only for its excellent arch support but also for its attractive design. You can be assured of comfortability and support, with is compression-molded EVA midsole and a soft “drop-in” footbed.
- supportive for high arches
- may not fit a wider foot
- takes time to get used to
This is considered as one of the best flip flops for Plantar Fasciitis. It provides a deep heel cup and orthotic-grade arch support to combat heel pain. This flip flop is lightweight, with a cushioned forefoot and non-marking soles which gives it high ratings all around.
- Some very positive reviews
- plenty of design choices
- good arch support
- Thin soles
- feels cheap
- toe strap discomfort
CROCS are always a popular choice and this Capri IV has proven to be the favorite for those looking to settle their foot woes and look stylish at the same time. Its formed footbed and elevated heel provides a custom fit, while its “massage pods” keep your feet feeling cushioned at all times.
- offer good support
- very comfortable on soles
- good for wide feet
- Loose fitting straps
- some durability concerns
People with Plantar Fasciitis customers may rant that their cheap flip flops cause them unbearable foot or heel pain. This is because their flip flops or sandals lack proper support. Many people keep wearing cheap flimsy flip flops which keep pulling on their plantar fascia, which then causes great harm to their health.