Are you experiencing dry and scaly feet? Maybe the soles of your feet are cracked and painful it has become so bad that you don’t like to wear sandals or even show your feet off. Now, you don’t have to worry anymore because we are here to give you the best ways that can help you moisturize your feet so it can stay healthy, and you won’t ever feel the need to hide them again.
- Use Lotion – You can try applying lotion, or even lotion-based foot wipes to your feet daily. But, if you notice that your feet are already super dry, then chances are your skin might resist absorbing the moisture that the lotion brings. Applying lotion can help soften your feet over time, but do not expect it to be a quick answer to your problem.
- Use Petroleum Jelly – Petroleum jelly or foot wipes that have petroleum jelly might work faster than lotion. Still, for severely dried feet, it usually doesn’t. This is because your feet won’t be able to absorb those oils any faster, which is why this is another long-term solution, you will have to be patient in applying petroleum jelly to your feet and wait for the result.
- Try soaking your feet – You can try soaking your feet in Epsom salts to help hydrate them. This will definitely help soften the skin on your feet. Still, you will have to soak them consistently for visible and excellent results. Keep in mind that this can be a messy process.
- Try using a foot peel – A foot peel can help remove dead and dry skin and leaves you with beautiful, soft skin underneath. You can try applying this after you soak your feet.
Things to Remember When Washing and Moisturizing Feet
Don’t moisturize between your toes
When your drying your feet after washing them, remember to pay extra attention between your toes. This is because when moisture is left in that area, it becomes the perfect breeding ground for fungi and other bacteria, which is why some people end up having Athlete’s Foot and other infections. Remember, all you need to moisturize are the soles of your feet and your heels.
Don’t over-soak your feet
When soaking your feet, remember to use warm water with Epsom salt rather than hot water, in that way you don’t lose the natural oils that you have in your feet. Keep in mind that you should only soak your feet in warm water with Epsom salt at least 30 to 60 minutes twice a week. Please do not overdo it, or else you might end up with soggy feet. If you have Athlete’s Foot, we suggest that you use cool or cold water, try not to apply any moisturizer after. Instead, you can use a surgical spirit or any anti-fungal ointment for feet that your doctor prescribed.
Keep your feet warm, dry, and comfortable
Keep in mind that you do not need to apply so much moisturizer to the point that your feet are squeaking and slipping in your slippers. Remember that a small amount of moisturizer goes a long way. You can try wearing socks after applying moisturizers so that your feet will remain comfortable and dry.
You can try doing these nightly feet care routine before going to bed:
- First, wash your feet using ordinary soap or a foot wash product.
- Second, pat them dry and make sure that the spaces between your toes are extra dry. After that, you can apply some foot cream. These cream are a little thicker and denser compared to other moisturizers. Plus, most of them often have tea tree oil or even peppermint as an ingredient. Both have antiseptic qualities which can help keep infection and bad odor at bay.
- Third, remember to work the cream into the soles of your feet as you slowly rub them so that it will be fully absorbed by your feet. But remember to avoid putting moisturizer between the toes.
Lastly, you can try and use moisturizing socks. Some special foot creams that you see in the market come with lightweight socks, which you can put on after you apply the moisturizer. Wearing socks can help your feet feel a little warmer, which in turn can help the creams and moisturizer to be absorbed better, especially into dry areas. Keep in mind that after you remove your socks, pat any excess moisturizer away using a thick towel. Also, take note that ordinary socks won’t do. It would be best if you had unique moisturizing socks that are very thin and made of very smooth material.