Using Toenail Polish with Toenail Fungus
Toenail fungus, also known as onychomycosis is a common fungal infection of your toenail which can be very hard to deal with. In addition, the fungal infection can cause discoloration of the nails, thicken and breakage of the nails. It could also spread quickly throughout the body if left untreated.
No matter what the season is, toenail fungus isn’t something you want to see when you look down at your feet. The best and the easiest way to cover up your toenail fungus is by using toenail polish by OPI.
How to cover up Toenail Fungus?
If you want to cover up your toenail fungus, it is recommended that you use nail polish. It is the best way to cover up your unattractive and embarrassing nail infection. In an instant, you are able to give your nails a healthier impression. Antifungal nail polish works great because of all the mixture of natural anti-fungal ingredients. These ingredients include tea tree oil, garlic, lavender oil, biotin and more. Using an anti-fungal nail polish will help to treat the fungal infection while also improving the appearance of your toenails.
How to Properly Apply Antifungal Nail Polish
1. Before applying antifungal nail polish, make sure your nails are properly cleaned. You can ensure this by clipping and filing your nails. If your nails have become thickened due to the nail infection, you should consider utilizing a strong nail clipper. You can then take a shower to wash away infected skin debris and after that, dry your nails completely.
2. After choosing your antifungal nail polish, you can then apply the base coat. You can start by choosing the color you are more comfortable with and apply one or two base coat. Let the base coat dry, which should take up to twenty minutes. Do not apply an antifungal polish on top of a non-medicated base coat. Always remember to let the base coat dry before applying the other coat.
3. Once the base coat is properly dried, you can now apply the antifungal top coat to your nails. Directions are slightly different for each product but you can follow the direction given with each product. It is important to let the top coat dry completely before proceeding with each product. But it is important to let the top coat dry completely before going on with your day. In most cases, you should remove the antifungal nail polish every seven days with a non-acetone nail polish remover.
Does Antifungal Nail Polish Work?
Yes, this is because the antifungal nail polish utilizes natural ingredients such as tea tree oil, lavender oil and more to treat the nail fungal infection. It is not recommended to cover up your nails with normal nail polish, because polishing your nails with normal nail polish can make the infection a lot worse and can ever be harder to treat even with the most effective treatment.
Risk Factors for Toenail Fungus
- Weak immune system
- Family history
- Aged 60+
- Nail injury
- Fungal infection more common among men
How to Prevent Toenail Fungus
It’s always a good idea to try your best to prevent the infection from occurring. Here are some tips that can help:
- Wash your hands and feet properly with soap and water regularly.
- Keep your nails as short as possible.
- Properly dry your feet especially between toenails
- Start wearing antifungal socks
- Avoid going barefoot, especially in public places and in communal areas (such as public shower rooms).
- When at the salon, make sure each tool are properly sanitized.
Here are some of the toenail polish products for toenail fungus:
This is considered by many as the best and the most powerful antifungal nail polish on the market today. When it comes to hiding toenail fungus, this will give you a look that you want with the treatment that you need. It is available in a variety of colors, such as Playful Pink, Brave Berry, Amity Amethyst, Resilient Rose and more.
This is strongly recommended if you want to cover up your nails that are affected by fungus. If your nail fungus is at an early stage, which would be discolored nails, you can apply one or two coats and have a very attractive nail in no time. You can wear this polish on your toenails up to three weeks and on your fingernails up to a week.
This is one of the most popular antifungal nail polishes on the market today. It is a safe antifungal nail polish that doesn’t contain Formaldehyde or Formaldehyde resins, Toluene, and hazardous Phthalates. You will enjoy the benefits of this natural treatment as well as attractive, natural-looking nails once more. This nail polish is developed by US doctors following the highest quality standards and it’s 100% vegan-friendly.
This nail polish does not contain any of these damaging chemicals: formaldehyde, formaldehyde resin, dibutyl phthalate, toluene, TPHO, xylene, ethyl tosylamide, parabens. It contains undecylenic acid. Deep red is considered as the brand’s most popular color, which will definitely make your nails super-pretty and feminine.
This nail polish is applied just twice weekly and is made with natural antifungal ingredients. Plus, it does not contain formaldehyde, DBP, toluene and other harsh chemicals. This product was created by doctors who incorporated natural ingredients which promote good nail health.
This nail polish is developed using a non-toxic alternative ingredient. It does not contain formaldehyde or formaldehyde resins, toluene, phthalates, or camphor.
If you have contracted toenail fungus and afraid to showcase your feet because of how unattractive they look, then an antifungal nail polish is the right solution for you.